Balance of Healthy Choices
1. Fresh lemons- see here for wonderful benefits
- Add to your water
- Add to good oils making delicious salad or veggie dressing
- Add to herbal teas
- Add to wild caught fish
2. Stevia – A Minimum 80% Rebaudioside quality (literally a trade out for sugar without chemicals, and with high quality and no aftertaste)
- Use in place of sugar
- With lemons or limes, making delicious lemonade or limeade
- With lemons, limes and blueberries, make frozen popsicles
- Read labels watch out for added Dextrose.
3. Good Oils are all cold pressed and virgin
- Avocado Oil is delicious it has a 574-degree heat point.
- Coconut Oil carries many nutrients, and again, good internally and externally. It is also a top choice for any high heat point in cooking.
- Sesame, Flax and Olive Oils are good no or low heat oils.
4. Vegetables are best lightly cooked or raw – and did you know
- Broccoli is 49% protein
- Sprouts are one the most nutritious food
- Artichoke is healthy for the liver
- Asparagus is healthy for the kidneys
In Balance-What to Avoid Just as important as what to provide your body for good health is what to avoid. Here are some of the biggest health threat offenders:
- Sugar & HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) –cause diabetes, obesity…
- Avoid GMO foods
- Artificial sweeteners (excitotoxins – kills brain cells)
- Highly processed foods (nutritionally empty calories)
- Junk foods (high calorie, low nutrition, bad for gut bacteria)
- Sodas, fruit drinks (empty calories and HFCS or artificial sweeteners)
- Fake fats – trans fats – margarine, vegetable oil, canola oil, and hydrogenated oils.
- Chlorinated water, fluoridated water-add harmful chemicals to your body…never use tap water.
Follow these steps and you will be healthier than 99% of the world.