Turmeric and Ginger Tea
This cleansing tea with its alkalizing and detoxifying properties, that offers powerful anti-inflammatory action within your beautiful body.
- 1 cup organic homemade almond or rice milk, if store bought make sure it is unsweetened and without carrageenan.
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- Raw honey to taste or stevia
- Add the almond milk to small saucepan and heat gently until it reaches room temperature.
- Add the turmeric and ginger to your favorite mug.
- Pour a small amount of warm milk into the mug and stir to create a liquid paste, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add the remaining milk and sweeten with raw honey or stevia.
In order to increase turmeric absorption in the body (studies have revealed that turmeric has low absorption and rapid metabolism that lead to relatively low bioavailability in the body), once the tea is ready, you can add a little bit of fat to the tea, such as a teaspoon of coconut oil or flaxseed oil for example.