Eight ways to de-stress your life!
Stress represents anything that poses a threat or a challenge to our well being. Some simple and enjoyable ways to bring you back to Happy.
1. Visualization: Find a comfortable position and close your eyes. Scan your beautiful body for any muscle tension and relax the areas that may need it. To encourage this relaxation you can verbalize positive statements, such as “I feel calm and relaxed, while visualizing yourself lying on a beach.”
2. Keeping a Journal: Writing, expressing can heal us. It can focus, support, and enhance our lives and well-being. Whether we laugh or we cry, whether through sorrow or joy, we can understand more about ourselves.
3. Exercise: I can’t imagine a day without movement! Physical exercise is necessary to develop or maintain physical fitness and overall functioning of our bodies in turn affecting our health.
4. Yoga: The word Yoga comes from the Sanskrit word “Yuj” meaning to yoke, join or unite. This implies joining or integrating all aspects of the individual – body with mind and mind with soul – to achieve a happy, balanced and useful and fulfilling life.
5. Meditation: Though meditation is usually recognized as a largely spiritual practice, it also has many health benefits. Meditation techniques are being implemented in management of life threatening diseases and to help in management of a healthy lifestyle. Sit quietly and breath.
6. Breathing Exercises: During times of emotional stress, our sympathetic nervous system is stimulated and affects a number of physical responses. If this process happens over a long period of time, it leads to an imbalance that can affect our physical health. Take 10 deep breaths 3 times a day to the following ratio: Inhale for a count of 4, hold for 6 and exhale for 8 (using your diaphragm so your stomach sticks out as you inhale). In general, exhalation should be twice as long as inhalation. Find a ratio that works for you.
7. Floatation Therapy: 1000 pounds of Epsom salt is added to 10 inches of water, allowing your body to float. The water inside the tank is maintained at a constant temperature, which is very close to the temperature of human skin. There are real and scientific research has validated the health giving and performance enhancing effects. Not having to fight gravity lets your muscles, joints, and bones take a well-deserved break. The deep relaxation state achieved allows the body to recover from stress
8. Sex: The health benefits of sex extend well beyond the bedroom. It turns out sex is good for you in ways you may never have imagined. When you’re in the mood, it’s a sure bet that the last thing on your mind is boosting your immune system or maintaining a healthy weight and glowing skin. Yet good sex offers those health benefits and more!